Trucks China Product and Business Strategy
Entry Level Position
Student, final academic year
Do you want to make a change in the world biggest Truck market? Do you want to be part of the fast developing organization Daimler Truck China in Beijing? Are you ambitious in leveraging your experience and knowledge background to tackle challenges?
Who we are
As the full representative organization of Daimler Trucks in China, TC/MS has the responsibility in Business Management and Strategic topics for Trucks China. Catering to the Chinese market, we offer both imported and local products. Established in September 2012 and headquartered in Beijing, DTBC provides numerous kinds of Mercedes-Benz brand tractors and chassis trucks for China, including Unimog. On the other hand, In 2011 Daimler and Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. created Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive, a 50-50 joint venture for the production of medium and heavy-duty Auman trucks. With this two-fold approach, we are ready to serve the Chinese truck market.
Whom we are looking for
Products, customer expectations, and our work environment are all changing. We are transforming from automobile manufacturer to a transformation service provider. We are becoming even more global. And we are developing expertise in fields which are outside of our current core competence. In this rapidly changing world, you are expected to be sensitive to the new technology and able to quickly seize the market pulse.
If you can:
- Analyze future customer and market requirements in the Chinese truck market, in terms of product, technology, and services
- Conduct investigation of global Daimler strategy concept and GAP-analysis on commercial vehicle market
- Identify the white spots for the global and future projects, and products portfolio
- Derive the recommendation for actions, considering the local truck joint venture and the global Daimler network
- Propose the decision making document in close alignment with relevant stakeholders
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent English language skills, Chinese beneficial
- Affinity to new/disruptive technologies and services in the transportation industry
- High motivation to learn, target-oriented and systematic working attitude
- Showing commitment to the tasks with emotional and intercultural intelligence
- Strong communication skills, willingness to work on cross-functional projects
- Good skills in MS Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel