Supplier Quality Engineer
Entry Level Position
Student, final academic year
- Mercedes-Benz Parts Manufacturing & Services Ltd. (MBPM) was established in 2015 with its registered address in Shanghai Pudong New Area. MBPM is building up a new remanufacturing plant on the own-invested land in Lingang and develops a local supplier basis to serve the Chinese market with remanufactured parts (e.g. engines, transmissions, electro hydraulic control units, etc.). The complete value creation will take place in-house, which includes all relevant process steps of the production from end – to – end. Besides the own production MBPM targets to develop and maintain a stable and high quality supplier basis for remanufactured parts.
- Wihtin this Setup, the Supplier Quality Engineer plays an important role in the entity with 2 different aspects.
- Supplier and Quality Management: The main part of this role is to conduct potential supplier analysis before supplier awarding. On this basis the SQE is responsible for supporting the development and continuous improvement of selected suppliers to bring them up to the quality standard of Mercedes-Benz. He is in charge of the Process and Product release according to VDA before start of production. The objective of the SQE is to establish a strong basis of international and domestic suppliers for remanufacturing Mercedes-Benz spare parts in China.
- Project Management: As project lead of each individual supplier project, the SQE is responsible for relevant quality gates, the coordination with cross function departments from the project supplier pool setting up till start of production. To ensure the success of the each project, SQE is in charge of monitoring the projects in terms of time, cost and quality. The SQE reports the project status, relevant KPI and project results on a regular basis to the Supervisor and entity management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in international environment in the relevant field, automotive industry is of advantage
- Certified as VDA 6.3 process auditor
- Certification as Quality Manager according to IATF16949 is of advantage
- Familiar with relevant norms, esp. IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001, VDA 6.3, VDA2, GB/T
- Professional Experiences in Quality Management according to VDA 6.3 and IATF16949
- Experience in project management / project consultancy.
- Knowledge of automotive parts and supplier management process and measurements
- Strong intercultural experience and sensitivity, good communication skill is required
- Excellent spoken and written in English, German speaking is of advantage
- Remanufacturing Industry experience is of advantage
- Willing to travel on regular base for domestic and international business trips