The product manager of TCNW is responsbile for the whole product life cycle management of China focused products (laser, punching and bending) and takes a leading role in defining the right product based on customer segmentation and requiremnts to meet the TRUMPF China goals concerning growth and in order to help to maximize market shares for TRUMPF in the Chinese market.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
1. Analysis and classification of technical customer requirements in MT related products and task to derive local customer profiles
2. Long term strategic thinking to build up local roadmap as a part of global TRUMPF R&D roadmap based on customer profiles in the Chinese market
3. Transfer local customer requirements to specification sheets
4. Active role in Machine tool development projects and responsibility to manage the NPI process for China focused products within the TRUMPF group.
5. Systmatic analysis and evaluation of competitors’ solutions
6. Development of pricing strategy for China market
7. Leading the market introduction process based on managing the 4P’s of marketing
8. Internal product training for sales team and technical sales support team.
9. Regular feedback tracking of new released machines
10. Support to complete other tasks assigned from the direct supervisor per business requirement
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Academic Background: Diplom / Master degree from international university
2. Which major preferred: Technical background with a degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
3. Working experience: 2-4 years of experience in a technical and strategic business environment, experience in product management and sheet metal products is a plus.
4. Knowledge and skills: Good understanding of industry (B2B)/technical products and production process chain
Good analytics and structured problem solving
Customer oriented working style
Strategic and long term thinking / planning
Judgement and decision making skill
Ability to communicate with customers, local sales representatives, management and oversea colleagues
Ablility to work independently and with strong self motivation
Team work oriented
Strong oral and written communication skill
Project management and business analytics skill is a plus
5. Language: Chinese as native, fluent German and / or English (CET 6, fluent in wiring and orally)