Powertrain Calibration _ Emission
Entry Level Position
Objective of the Position
• Powertrain calibration for gasoline engines and exhaust system development, testing and certification of imported and local built passenger cars engines regarding local requirements.
• German is mandatory
- Master degree in mechanical/automotive/combustion engineering or related field
- Different intercultural background.
- Candidates with working experience (1-3 years) in engine/emission development and with different intercultural background are preferred.
- Good Knowledge of engine management, engine combustion and general engine knowledge is mandatory
• Specific Knowledge
- Good communication skills in English, German (is required) and Chinese.
- Knowledge of using application tools (e.g. INCA, Monaco, CANape)
• Powertrain (engine/transmission) system based on local requirements e.g. fuel or other consumables and local driving profile for imported and locally built vehicles.
• Coordination with Mercedes-Benz Head-Quarter Engine and Homologation development departments in Germany.
• Defining, preparing and supporting durability vehicles and test bench for powertrain maturity-approval.
• Support localization activities of local engines.
Work together with cross-functional departments like Quality, PS. RD Germany development
• Research and Analysis of the fuel quality impact to our powertrain
• Support the activities of the local vehicle/engine production for the new 4 cylinder cooperation engines
• Data input and checking over all OBD/Emission function functions
- Responsible for part of the OBD functions and the release
- Use of test rigs for basic application/calibration of the driveability functions