Division/Department: PTC, Production & Logistics
Main goals and objectives:
Develop, revise, represent and work out details of planning concepts or projects including development of appropriate design specifications or general requirements for the planning departments. Execute planning of manufacturing and/or material processes, facilities and methods. Further develop production techniques and procedures with preparation of appropriate decision-making models and included weighted alternatives. Analyze and evaluate alternative solutions and application of economic principles as well as enforcement of appropriate measures to ensure the sustainability and prosperity of Volkswagen production facilities.
- Planning of production concepts and/or structures in existing and new car plants of Volkswagen AG and the JV partners.
- Planning, identification and assessment of required production resources (e.g. investment, production area, man power) as well as their sustainable reduction.
- Confident utilization of department specific IT-Systems (e.g. CATIA V5, HLS Micro-station, Malaga, process designer, plant simulation, KVS, Connect, Arbeitsplan AP)
- Comply with and further develop the Volkswagen production standards.
- Generate requirement specifications, call for proposals and perform technical negotiations with suppliers.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal and external customers, suppliers and service providers across all levels of the hierarchy.
- Coordinate and supervise internal and external customers, suppliers and service providers during plant construction and ramp-up of new car projects in compliance with the product development process.
- Degree in engineering in one of the following subjects: mechanics, electrics, vehicle development, computer science or logistics.
- Structured work, process thinking, poise and strong communication skills are necessary. Flexible, mobile, engaged with high analytical skills. Good language skills in German and/or English and in-depth IT-knowledge. According to the company’s business requirements the readiness for business trips and temporary displacements mainly in China and occasionally abroad is a premise.
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- Performance oriented competitive compensation & benefits package
- Professional career development & qualification
- Good management, team work, open communication & feedback
- International working environment & global network
- Attractive work, health programs & work-life balance
Join us and become a part of the Volkswagen Family - We are looking forward to welcome you on board!
Please send your application in English to: Career@volkswagen.com.cn with subject “channel name (where you find this job posting) - applicant name - current company - current position- applied position”.