Parts Remanufacturing Engineer
Entry Level Position
Student, final academic year
- Mercedes-Benz Parts Manufacturing & Services Ltd. (MBPM) was established in 2015 with its registered address in Shanghai Pudong New Area. MBPM opened in October 2018 a new remanufacturing plant on the own-invested land in Lingang and develops a local supplier basis to serve the Chinese market with remanufactured parts (e.g. engines, transmissions, electro hydraulic control units, etc.). The complete value creation will take place in-house, which includes all relevant process steps of the production from end – to – end. Besides the own production MBPM targets to develop and maintain a stable and high quality supplier basis for remanufactured parts.
The Engineer plays an important role in the entity and the overall project. As the sole responsible for the technical aspect of supplier parts and interface with the supplier he or she will be responsible to develop the remanufacturing process, documenting it and get the approval from HQ in Stuttgart, Germany. Based on strong experiences in engineering, he or she will develop remanufacturing concepts and support the supplier in building up the production line for Mercedes-Benz spare parts in China.
- The Engineering tasks are listed as follows.
- Develop a reman concept together with the supplier, this includes tasks such as collection of core and analysis of failure profiles, a teardown workshop and a product risk analysis.
- Create the product specifications (spec book) including the product validation measures and secure the agreement between supplier and MBPM management.
- Verify the product produced by the reman concept from various first samples provided by the supplier.
- Organize and conduct the product release meeting together with the responsible engineers in Germany HQ
- Bachelor Degree in mechatronics, electrical engineering or a similar subject
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in an internatinal environment in the relevant field, ideally in the automotive industry
- Professional experience in product lauch & development processes
- Professional experience in Change Management is of advantage
- Professional experience in writing technical specifications
- Technical affinity and willingness to deep dive into drawings, requirements and other technical documentation
- Product knowledge about electrical parts for cars required, knowledge about HV Batteries is of advantage
- Knowledge about Daimler After Sales Processes, especially Automotive Spare Parts
- Understanding about the Remanufacturing Industry and Product Engineering Process
- Strong intercultural experience and sensitivity required
Excellent English and German skills in verbal and written form required, Chinese of advantage