Main goals and objectives:
This position is responsible for the described tasks for all projects in relation to the VCIC C-SI Connected Car Strategy and Innovation Lab. The projects might be in relation to or on behalf of other entities such as VGIC, Audi China, VW Group, VW Brand and Chinese JVs.
- Define and standardize the process for the whole software life cycle. Make sure the process is compliant with VW standard and software quality is ensured under defined process.
- Track, execute, defined process, make sure every stakeholder is following and behaving as expected.
- Facilitates Road-mapping and Release Planning, and with the Client and Product Owner, manages the Roadmap and Release Plan;
- Provide support to Project manager during development phase, ensuring the product vision is being delivered, ensuring the software quality during the whole development cycle.
- Work together with Test manager to Implement and optimize Quality- and Test processes and policies in the Connected Car area ; ensure testing process and quality is compliant with VW standard. And make sure every check point is defined and fulfilled from both project and long-term operation point of view.
- Work together with transition manager to ensure the whole transition is conducted under defined quality standard, and ensure the vision of long-term product strategy is transferred from Project Team to Operation team.
- Establish the quality assurance process for the operation of the software product.
- Prepare and drive decision proposals for Process optimization in the Connected Car area
- Harmonize JV, VW Group and VGC projects, processes and systems in the Connected Car area
- Manage and monitor overall project agreements and contracts (run time and budget) to ensure continuous service level agreement (SLA), Contracts and other
- Conduct risk assessment and develop mitigation plans
- Develop, monitor and review annual IT budgets of the Connected Car area to ensure they comply with the group’s corporate goals, guidelines and objectives
- Ensure continuous knowhow transfer from VW Group to local project teams
- Continuously analyze, review and re-check the existing IT business processes in the Connected Car area to be more efficient, more effective and more capable of change.
- Oversee infrastructure upgrades, modifications and deployments and align appropriate project activities & business communication
Expert knowledge in Quality Assurance, Product lifecycle management, IT Operation Process & Project Management Standards (PMP or equivalent) and deep experience in project/program management according to VW Group Standards. Solid knowledge about the VW Group SOP Planning and ability to identify the business requirements, analyze group and state-of-the-art solutions and define concepts to set up and maintain sustainable IT projects/programs.
- 7 years’ experience with standard software/SDLC processes and procedures.
- 3 years’ Experience with IT Software Testing and Quality assurance, IT Project Management.
- Experience with IT Operation process, deep knowledge in ITIL;
- Experience with Telematics or any vehicle connectivity project in automotive industry.
- Competence in the Agile/Scrum framework and the ability to do coaching and mentoring of less experienced team members
- Ability to track software releases for delivery to customer.
- Strong background and experience in learning new applications and tools
- Understanding of software maintenance methodologies, concepts and software development environments
- Understanding of optimization of IT Project related planning and operative processes and tasks
- Preferred experience with application lifecycle management tools such as JIRA
- General understanding in purchasing, controlling and finance processes
- Familiar with the usage of standard project management tools (MS Project, MS Visio, ticketing Systems, knowledge management, reporting and monitoring tools)
- General understanding of the IT Security concepts and methodologies
- Ability to work in a intercultural team and environment
- Effective analytical and conceptual skills to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written), Chinese, German advantageous
- Self-motivation and initiative & Flexibility
- Result and Customer oriented
- Understanding of financial aspects
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- Performance oriented competitive compensation & benefits package
- Professional career development & qualification
- Good management, team work, open communication & feedback
- International working environment & global network
- Attractive work, health programs & work-life balance
No. of Applicants