INspire - The Daimler Trucks & Buses Experience Programs - The Leadership Talent Program Truck China
Entry Level Position
Student, final academic year
The Leadership Talent Program - Are you IN for transporting the future?
The future of transportation follows new rules of the game. Are YOU ready to change the game with us?
When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. At Daimler Trucks & Buses, we shape the future of transportation every hour of the day with industry-leading products across the globe. We are learners and innovators who envision a better and more connected world. To stay ahead, we need collaborative, forward-thinking individuals who enjoy challenging the status quo and who are inspired to change the world with us.
What`s IN it for you? Have a look at our program highlights!
The Leadership Talent Program is your 18 month entry path that prepares you to assume a leadership role within the Daimler Trucks and Buses organization. It consists of three phases: the Onboarding Phase, the actual Program Phase and the Implementation Phase.
Within those three phases, you will
- Get to know TC/PH (Truck China Connectivity, your home base) and Daimler Trucks & Buses,
- Work intensively within multiple projects, e.g. International project,
- Grow a global network of colleagues,
- Receive specialized training and development opportunities, e.g. regarding our new leadership culture Leadership2020 and be guided by your personal mentor from top management level.
After 18 month of successful and intensive training, you will return to TC/PH.
Who we are
Shape the future of Daimler trucks in China with our international team. Our trucks will tap into the evolving premium truck segment in China.
Connectivity is aiming to define and create the digital services for China consider Big Data, Cloud and AI technologies combined with our premium automotive technology.
Whom we are looking for
Do you want to shape the creation of “Digital Services” for the future of Heavy Duty Trucks for the biggest truck market of the world – China?
You are highly encouraged to contribute your energy to the fast developing environment and take the responsibility to bring our business ideas to life in collaboration with our very diverse team.
If you can:
- Conduct competitors deep dive benchmark analysis, technical functions and features assessment
- Develop ICV regulation landscape scan and deep dive analysis on key trends that will impact truck connectivity future
- Learn quickly about Daimler technology and algorithm capability and conduct assessment against China practice
- Take the needs of Chinese market during your global rotation and keep searching for the best solutions
- Lead technology realization of the functions and feature required from Chinese market
- Lead the effort of identifying potential suppliers in China to constantly localize connectivity solutions including hardware
- Lead data analytics and big data mining efforts to continuously improve connectivity solution and generate new analytical ideas
If you are:
- Experience in technology development, requirement engineering, business development, or other related area, preferably in the fields of information technology or innovation connected with Logistics based on a big logistics company or a fleet management provider
- A broad technical background: Professional experience in automotive or IT processes or commercial vehicles telematics
- Working knowledge in all stages of software and hardware development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Experience in managing projects and being the Single point of contact for customers
- Experience in Product Ownership
- Practical experience of working in an agile delivery approach
- Experience of working on End to End technical solutions that encompass many systems and teams, drawing out the Key Design Decisions and their implications and resolving them
- A good knowledge of integration technologies
- Proven ability to interpret business requirements and architecture solutions based on those requirements
- Passion for new technologies and related fields e.g. prototyping/ tech-trends
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Fluency in written & spoken English
Desire to grow into a leadership position
Willingness to travel abroad
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
Working experience in multi-national company or multi-cultural environment
Ability to organize and conduct area of responsibility with little supervision while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Great communicator who can crisply communicate his/her technical analysis in non-technical English to senior management
Good team spirit and attention for detail, ability to work with different business units executives in a collaborative fashion, adaptability and strong inter-personal, communication & negotiation skills including a persuasive appearance
Open and curious mind-set
We are looking forward to your application!