INspire - The Daimler Trucks & Buses Experience Programs - The Leadership Talent Program in TC/MS
Entry Level Position
Student, final academic year
The future of transportation follows new rules of the game. Are YOU ready to change the game with us?
When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. At Daimler Truck, we shape the future of transportation every hour of the day with industry-leading products across the globe. We are learners and innovators who envision a better and more connected world. To stay ahead, we need collaborative, forward-thinking individuals who enjoy challenging the status quo and who are inspired to change the world with us.
Have a look at our program highlights!
The Leadership Talent Program is your 18 month entry path that prepares you to assume a leadership role within the Daimler Trucks and Buses organization. It consists of three phases: the Onboarding Phase, the actual Program Phase and the Implementation Phase.
Within those three phases, you will
- Get to know TC/MS (Truck China Business Management & Strategy, your home base) and Daimler Trucks & Buses,
- Work intensively within multiple product/strategic projects,
- Grow a global network of colleagues,
- Receive specialized training and development opportunities, e.g. regarding our new leadership culture Leadership2020 and be guided by your personal mentor from top management level.
After 18 month of successful and intensive training, you will return to TC/MS.
Who we are
As the full representative organization of Daimler Trucks in China, TC/MS has the responsibility in Business Management and Strategic topics for Trucks China. Catering to the Chinese market, we offer both imported and local products. Established in September 2012 and headquartered in Beijing, DTBC provides numerous kinds of Mercedes-Benz brand tractors and chassis trucks for China, including Unimog. On the other hand, In 2011 Daimler and Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. created Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive, a 50-50 joint venture for the production of medium and heavy-duty Auman trucks. With this two-fold approach, we are ready to serve the Chinese truck market.
Whom we are looking for
Do you want to make the change in the world biggest Truck market? Do you want to be part of the fast developing organization Daimler Truck China in Beijing? Are you ambitious in leveraging your experience and knowledge background to tackle challenges?
You are highly encouraged to contribute your energy to the fast developing environment and take the responsibility of challenging business topics.
If you can:
- Actively gather market intelligence and generate takeaways for business and closely collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Work out strategic initiatives based on future business need, including product strategy and technology roadmap.
- Steer and implement top management decisions with structured tracking processes.
- Independently manage the complete cross-functional projects together with relevant business partners, including controlling, product engineering, production, sales, purchasing etc.
- Maintain close contacts with Daimler Trucks global network including HQ in Germany
If you are:
- Open to gain new knowledge rapidly and think out-of-box
- Creative to come up with a feasible implementation plan to support the entire organization development
- Customer-oriented to listen to the specific customer requirements and provide value-added to our customer
- Drive-to-win to make the change happen even under the difficult circumstance
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Master’s degree or above
Fluency in written & spoken English
Desire to grow into a leadership position
Willingness to travel abroad
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
First demonstrated leadership qualities and experiences
Big-picture thinker who is passionate to work with others and achieve great things for the future
Start-Up mentality, that means enthusiastic, self-motivated and pragmatically
You are unafraid to challenge the status quo with fresh ideas and perspectives
We are looking forward to your application!