Innovation Engineer – Faurecia Interiors
Entry Level Position
Support/management of the development of new and improved processes, materials, designs and products for the use in automotive interior. Project support/management of innovation projects following the FIS Innovation process guideline.
- Supports the IPL &/or leads the compilation and follow-up of project plans, creation of concept matrices and feasibility studies in accordance with corresponding departments: GTS (Global Technology & Standards), Testing, CAX, PPV, Industrial Design, IAD, ISPS, Costing, Purchasing, Marketing, CE, Development Quality & in line with Innovation Global Domain Manager (GDM).
- Supports the IPL &/or leads the compilation and building of Innovation Validation Plans (based on conceptional study results, risk analysis (incl. FMEA’s), internal & external functional analysis etc) according to FIS innovation process in co-operation and accordance with the corresponding GTS/GDM.
- Project reviews: Supports/leads Monthly project reviews with key stakeholders (e.g. GTS (Global Technology & Standards), Testing, CAX, PPV, Industrial Design, IAD, ISPS, Costing, Purchasing, Marketing, CE, Development Quality & in line with Innovation Global Domain Manager (GDM) and Senior Regional Manager (SRM) depending on the project phase.
- Supports/leads the documenting of results in form of reports, presentations, drawings, samples for presentation, Bills of material etc.
- Supports IPL with the preparation and presentation of the project milestone at the relevant Innovation Committees (MIC) in accordance with the Innovation Process & the respective MIC templates (on the iNet).
- Supports IPL &/or prepares the documenting of research results in the form of research reports, presentations, drawings/ sketches, models, prototypes, concept part lists and results from simulation calculations etc.
- Ensure patent protection on innovative solutions in close cooperation with the Intellectual Assets Department (IAD).
- Supports IPL in the co-operation with Concept Engineering and GTS to communicate and assure good transfer of innovation projects into serial development.
- Supports IPL in the co-operation with external development partners aligned with IAD/GTS/GDM/SRM. Guidance of suppliers in pre-development projects.
- Co-operation with FIS Innovation departments in Meru (France), Auburn Hills (USA), Shanghai (China), Valencia (Spain) & Pune (India).
- Acts cost-consciously in all aspects of business (project, travel etc).
- Supervision of master thesis, internships & VIE’s where applicable.
- Degree in Engineering, ideally in any of the following engineering disciplines: Tooling, Polymer/Composite, Transport/Automotive, Mechanisms, Mechatronics, HMI, Lighting, Virtual/Augmented Reality or Industrial Design.
- At least 1-2 years pre-development experience within an industrial environment, especially in the automotive industry.
- Structured & systematic with scientific/engineering mindset.
- Team Player with extended communication skills at all levels.
- Self driven & dynamic.
- International mindset.
Our virtual company booth
Open: October 29, 9am to 4pm
Our company presentation
09:45 - 10:15
The Digital Chinese Talent Days
taking place on October 29
Still not registered?
No. of Applicants