HV-Battery System Engineer
Objective of job
• Drive the local series-development activities at RD China to develop a HV Battery to comply with local range regulations and standards in alignment with RD Germany
• Component responsible engineer for a HV-battery
• Supplier contact and evaluation with focusing on battery system level
• Development of China specific HV-battery with cells from the Chinese white listed supplier for locally produced vehicles (PHEV & BEV)
• Generation of battery component specification and all necessary documents
• Monitoring and coordination of the development and evaluation by supplier or extern test institute in matter of technical contents and timeline
• Supporting of battery related issue with Hybrid-Powertrain test and vehicle endurance testing or EV e-Drive projects
• Supporting of battery related Issue at production, procurement and logistic
- University degree in automotive or mechanical engineering
- Working Experience in RD Daimler – Good network in MBC/RD related departments
• Specific Knowledge
- Fluent written/spoken English, fluent written / spoken German, fluent knowledge in Chinese helpful
- Deep knowledge on battery system design, validation and vehicle integration
- Computer skills, calibration, simulation, CAD review, office applications
- Communication skills with various hierarchy levels and different cultural background
- Project management skills to manage cross functional teams and suppliers
- Intercultural experience
- Driver license
• Concept Definition
- Drive the local series-development activities at RD China to develop a HV Battery to comply with local range regulations and standards in alignment with RD/E and Accumotive.
- Create a component specification and align with potential suppliers.
- Define the project timeline for a potential development phase in each phase of the project.
- Identify and evaluate internal and external partners for the development.
• Supplier Contact and Coordination
- Contact relevant suppliers and engineering service providers for the development and testing.
- Create necessary documentation for project ordering.
- Track and evaluate the work performed.
• Internal Coordination
- Align the work scope and results at each relevant phase within RD China and MBC/RD.
- Work together with cross-functional departments like product planning, quality and logistics, set up project milestones as well as coordinate activities to pursue tight time schedules.
- Prepare the necessary materials to report the findings of the concept phase at RD China internal reviews as well as Management reviews within MBC.
- Align and present the materials to all relevant parties.