Entry Level Position
Mercedes-Benz Parts Manufacturing & Services Ltd. (MBPM) was established in 2015 with its registered address in Shanghai Pudong New Area. MBPM is building up a new remanufacturing plant on the own-invested land in Lingang and develops a local supplier basis to serve the Chinese market with remanufactured parts (e.g. engines, transmissions, electro hydraulic control units, High Voltage batteries, etc.). The complete value creation will take place in-house, which includes all relevant process steps of the production from end – to – end. Besides the own production MBPM targets to develop and maintain a stable and high quality supplier basis for remanufactured parts.
With the boost of electric vehicles business in China, High Voltage (HV) Battery Remanufacturing project was kicked off in 2018 to be integrated into MBPM. To ensure the success of battery project, HV-Battery Coordinator plays an important role with below major responsibilities:
- Take charge of HV-Battery remanufacturing process planning in China and ensure the SOP (Start of Production)
- Conduct knowledge transfer from Mannheim lead plant production planning team, and implement in MBPM with adaption to China local conditions
- Compile HV-Battery remanufaturing process documents, check and update the process parameters, tools, consumables, etc.
- Lead trial run and SOP, organize and attend equipment operating and maintenance training
- Coordinate HV-Battery remanufacturing project topics as interfaces to lead plant, headquarter, BBAC (Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd.), DGRC (Daimler Greater China Ltd.) and local authorities, etc.
- Support PMO (Project Management Office) to fulfill project milestones in terms of time, cost and quality
Diploma in Automotive, Engineering or equivalent. (Knowledge of Electrical Engineering is preferred)
At least 2 years experience or equivalent knowledge in automotive production.
Experience or knowledge in HV Battery area is beneficial.
Be familiar with standardization and Lean production system.
Be familiar with problem solving tools. E.g. PDCA, 8D, 7 Diamonds, etc.
Be familiar with “5s” and push to be implemented in spot.
Good team player, target oriented, self-motivated to improve continuously
o Specific Knowledge
Excellent command of spoken and written English, additional German language capabilities preferred