Highly Automated Driving - System Development
Position: Highly Automated Driving - System Development
Division/Department: Technical Development Group R&D China/ADAS&AD Development
Group R&D China - Premium Brands - Offering future Driving pleasure to customers
The Volkswagen group will be the future leading provider of sustainable, premium and convenient mobility. In our brands we develop automated driving solutions as well as mobility solutions.
The Chinese market plays a key role in the success of the Volkswagen Group. Our products will contribute to less traffic jams, less pollution, and fewer traffic accidents in China.
We are expanding our team for “Automated Driving/Intelligent Connected Vehicles” development in Beijing. In collaboration with Chinese technology companies we enhance the customer experience and offer tomorrows products to Chinese customers as soon as possible. Our technical teams work closely together with our experts at headquarters and other autonomous driving experts across the globe. Together with you, our experts, and technology partners we create the future of automated driving.
Main goals and objectives:
The core mission of this position is to define and specify technical requirements of Self-Driving-Systems in the field of Highly Automated Driving.
These Systems will be integrated into Volkswagen brand products in the Chinese market.
The position will monitor and ensure the implementation of specified requirements on systems level. The position will be involved in designing, steering and finally releasing and integrating those functions into autonomous vehicles. The contribution of this position will be vital to develop and integrate complex functions and components into self-driving-systems. The exchange with relevant stakeholders in both China region and headquarters will be an essential part of this position’s work. The position will be involved in the supplier selection and steering for components of HAD systems.
Your Responsibilities include:
The position is responsible for the described scope and tasks within the ADAS/AD/ICV Development department of Volkswagen Group China.
- Specify requirements for self-driving systems designed for the Chinese market
- Define technical requirements for subsystem solutions and create functionality and integration for future self-driving systems/platforms
- Integrate self-driving systems into cars
- Align with relevant stakeholders on technical level for self-driving systems realization and derive implications for complete system
- Monitor and steer the implementation of technical requirements for self-driving systems together with Chinese and Global technology partners
- Cascade targets and performance requirements to supplier/s and partner/s,
and work to technically integrate them in vehicle systems
- Conduct system design reviews with relevant components and sub-components
- Verify test results and define optimization measures
- Engage with software and hardware engineers of the autonomous driving team and external partners / suppliers
- Master’s / PhD degree in Automotive Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of sensor set (ultrasonic, camera, radar, LiDAR), electronic modules (ECUs), vehicle communication architectures, software components for highly automated driving
- Good knowledge of vehicle systems architecture systems engineering
- Experienced in at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of ISO26262 preferred
- Structured working style, advanced time management and strong analytical skills
- Strong abilities in independent, self-organized work, and cross-functional/-entity collaboration
- Strong confidence and reliability
Working experience (in years):
- Minimum 3 years work experience in highly automated driving development
- Experience in development of Highly Automated Driving Functions on technical systems level (e. g. E/E architecture, sensor technology, data fusion, path planning, controls)
- Knowledge of vehicle Electric/Electronics and ECU development/validation
- Software development C/C++
- Project management: Experience in steering and technical negotiation
Remarks (Language, IT Knowledge, Certificates etc.):
- Chinese fluent
- English fluent
- German beneficial
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- International working environment & global network
- Professional career development & qualification
No. of Applicants