Energy and Carbon Market Specialist - Germany
Hey there and welcome to your new Opportunity with us.
Being an Energy and Carbon Market Specialist is an exciting task, since you are the superhero to our clients need. We have an opening position for someone with a passion for the energy sector and climate change who can produce detailed analysis of key economic and regulatory drivers in energy and carbon markets. Your most essential tasks are:
- Analysis and modelling of power and carbon markets and modelling economic impacts of EU renewable energy policies & regulation
- Be responsible for consulting or research projects along the energy and carbon trading value chain with technical and economic focus
- Translate energy and carbon market technologies, policies, regulatory requirements, and business models into commercial software solutions
- Contribute to the improvement of existing digital solution product (e.g. decarbonization cloud service, cloud platform for virtual power plant…)
- Modeling and sensitivity analysis of energy an carbon markets including future scenarios of renewables and storage integration
- Analyze market trends and propose practical solutions in response to current and future changes in the energy and carbon market
- Contribute to expert conferences and symposiums on innovative energy transition topics
- Conduct customer communication, care & project development
YOUR PROFILEMS or PhD with strong analytical and mathematical skills in fields such as economics, mathematics, science or engineering and 3+ years of industry experience:
- Experience and knowledge of the European wholesale electricity or/and carbon markets, Energy trading dynamics and strategies, market transactions, and market participant registration procedure especially for renewable energy resources.
- Knowledge of Virtual Power Plant industry landscape in Europe and merchant revenues for VPPs
- Knowledge of energy storage applications and technologies and the financial impact of various duty cycles and operational profiles is preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and concepts will be well regarded
- Experience working in data analytics is a plus
- Ability to express technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Ability to work in a team environment with multi-tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and German
WHY US?This decade might be overshadowed by Covid19, but sooner or later we will beat and overcome that son of a germ, am I right?
But the true topic for this decade lies in energy！
We are more than happy to state that not only We are leading this discourse, we also offer the fitting solutions for it. We have the strongest PV-Inverter R&D there is and became the world`s biggest Inverter Manufacturer, which we are extremely proud of! And now, for this decade, we are increasing our game, and You, You might become part of it! Besides that, many things await You:
- Food vouchers, free for You to decide what to buy with them (You are a Sushi-type aren`t you?)
- Mobility package: in case you want a Job-Rad, we got you covered (E-bikes! we need more E-bikes! fueled by solar-power!)
- Bonus payments: we agree on Smart KPIs with You, an You receive a nice Bonus at the end of the year, isn`t that something!?
- A multinational team awaits You with lots of European and international exchange!
- Possibility for technical and commercial knowledge enhancement in regard to string inverters, central inverters, inverter stations including transformer and switch gear and storage solutions
- Technical and commercial training in our headquarter in Germany and even visits to the big R&D facility in China!
Apply for this positionABOUT USWe are a green tech company unlike any other green tech company. We are a team of lateral thinkers, young professionals, and creative minds. We are fighting every day to make our mission happen – Clean Power For All!
With nearly 300GW (!) of clean power presently installed worldwide, we are more than ready to sate the worlds hunger for clean energy!
Welcome at Sungrow
Sungrow is the global leading inverter solution supplier for renewables. We are proud to look back to a success story that already began in 1997, but we never stopped striving for more. We want to give fresh impulses, inspire, and contribute to a sustainable development of our planet, that’s why we constantly improve our portfolio.
From floating solar plants to large-scale utility projects and to small residential products we always offer the best and most suitable solution. At Sungrow we hold more than 1500 patents – no wonder as we employ the biggest research and development team of the whole industry. 40 % of all Sungrow workforce is continuously investigating on how to further improve the existing portfolio.
Want to know more? Check out what working with us is like!