Electric Vehicle Software Development
Objective of job
• Create delta specification for the electric vehicle software according to China specific functions
• Review validated software modules from development partners
• Management for series development of the software within the electric vehicle
• Define delta test specification for the China specific eDrive software in the vehicle
• Carry out delta-validation and testing of the specific functions in the vehicle
• Make sure the China specific functions do not affect the “Rest-of-world” functions
• Participate in Summer- and winter testing
• Make a release proposal for the China specific SW content
- University degree in software, electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering
- Working Experience in RD Daimler – Good network in MBC/RD related departments
• Specific Knowledge
- Fluent written/spoken English, fluent written / spoken German, fluent knowledge in Chinese helpful
- Software skills in MATlab Simulink, Vector, CANape, CANoe
- Deep knowledge on documentation, testing, validation of electrical components and vehicle integration
- Computer skills, calibration, simulation, CAD review, office applications
- Communication skills with various hierarchy levels and different cultural background
- Project management skills to manage cross functional teams
- Intercultural experience
- Driver license
• Concept Definition
- Drive the local development activities at RD China to assess the concept of a validated China specific eDrive functions.
- Create a concept specification and define the project timeline for the development phase.
- Identify and evaluate external partners for the development. Organize workshops.
• Contact with development partners and Coordination
- Contact relevant partners and engineering service providers for concept development. Create necessary documentation for project.
- Track and evaluate the work performed.
• Internal coordination and testing
- Align the work scope and results at each relevant phase within RD China and MBC/RD
- Work together with cross-functional departments like product planning, quality and production, set up project milestones as well as coordinate activities to pursue tight time schedules.
- Carry out delta-validation and testing of the software in the vehicle and therefore participate in summer and winter testing.
- Prepare the necessary materials to report the findings at RD China internal reviews as well as Management reviews within MBC.
- Align and present the materials to all relevant parties.
- Finally make a release proposal to RD Germany.