Data Analytics - Group IT / Group Finance & IT
Main goals and objectives:
The position is significant importance to the overall organization. This position will lead big data analysis study for major Auto OEM (JV and Premier Brand) in China. Designs the future of data science at VGIC and takes ownership of all Data Analytics related topics. Lead and coach by example. Develop and maintain a high performance team of data scientist and architects in delivery of their service (data science and data lake). Have a regular communication with the German Center of Excellence to share best practices in data analytics. Research and promote new ways of data analysis within the team, cultivate a constant flow of information and a learning environment for the data scientists. Understand how to create value out of data for company.
Have a regular and intense communication, cooperation & alignment with VGCs regional ITP Organization in VCIC.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- The management, motivation and development of staff using target agreements and performance appraisals, founded on our mission statement & corporate values, and provision of purposeful internal communications in order to achieve the agreed objectives
- Ensuring that the necessary training appropriate to the needs of individual employees
- Informing subordinated employees about the relevant provisions and instructing them to comply with the provisions. Ensuring that they are implemented properly
- Develop a vision and roadmap for Data Warehouse in VGIC based on current set up
- Strengthen the presence of the team as experts in the area of a Data Analytics (data lake and big data use case development)
- Understand the value-chains of the business partners (Internal & External) & serve as facilitator between Business and IT
- Identify and describe significant business opportunities in different business units together alongside business partners
- Ensure that use case development is in line with business objectives and priorities
- Be the central person of contact in Data Warehouse use case finalization & implementation, drive a continuous development of data science methods
- Integration of all stakeholders in overall processes in order to solve occurring issues as quick as possible
Qualification and skills:
- Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, informatics, and mathematics, with additional experience for Data Analytics is preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in marketing research or data analysis. With the ability of building up 3 normal form data structure, Data Vault and Data Marts. Data modeling experience is plus,
- Key Skills and Experiences
- Data analysis skills – Access, SPSS, Excel. R or SAS a plus
- Good knowledge in the use of tools for data (e.g. Wherescape, Informatica, SSI, SQL)
- Strong communication skills – English and Chinese, be able to communicate about highly complex data topics in easy and understandable ways
- Deep understanding of business process and necessary knowledge of Auto Industry experience, Consultancy experience is preferred.
- Expert of automated information visualization and data driven approach to support top management decisions. Business KPI image and dashboards visualization ability, data mining and Tableau expert.
- Microsoft SQL experience is must.
- Build up data strategy for automotive industry.
- SAP knowledge is preferred.
- Initiative and proactive work style
- Strong intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly, able to handle pressure
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable.