Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Objective of job
• With the number of connected Mercedes-Benz vehicles on the road increasing daily, the amount of data being generated and its significance is also increasing rapidly. The Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team is looking for passionate and versatile Engineers to support with the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of large amounts of vehicle data.
• This position will play a key role in the development and deployment of an innovative Big Data Platform for vehicle data processing and advanced analytics. As an Engineer on the team, you'll be responsible for defining and building the data pipelines that combine vehicle data and third-party content and will enable better, faster, data-informed decision-making. As part of a larger global interdisciplinary team, you will also make strategic decisions that influence the platform and data warehouse architecture.
• This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative group of engineers creating the next generation big data platform that will be accessed and used by hundreds of people across domains within Mercedes-Benz.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experienced with test-driven development based on Mockito, Maven & Junit
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge in building continuous integration pipelines with jenkins
- Familiarity with different databases including Cassandra, Redis or SQL Server is a plus
- Hands-on experience in agile software development with GIT and JIRA
• Specific Knowledge
- Experience in Java and scripting languages like bash
- Linux system administration knowledge
- Hands-on experience with VPN, SSH and remote administration services
- Experience in setup kibana or newrelic monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge in queue systems (e.g. Kafka or Azure event hub)
- Experience with cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS and SQL engines
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
• Setup, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
• Configure and maintain infrastructure security
• Collaborate with other RD departments on platform related updates and hot fixes
• Integrate market specific content into the data platform
• Monitoring of software and infrastructure components