Car Safety & Accident Research
This position is accountable for the Group Research China to the Head of Group R&D. This position ensures the strategic and operative development including the leading and the management of the department.
The Head of Group Research China works on a group level, reporting to both Germany and R&D Technology Asia. This position is part of a very complex environment with Group Research Germany, R&D Technology Asia, Audi R&D and external cooperation partners and therefore requires a maximum level of innovation and a new mindset.
This position has the following scope, objective and responsibilities:
- Analysis of Chinese accident data (Traffic accident investigation and reconstruction)
- Alignment with external partner about data quality and standards
- Provide accident data to related entities (e.g. development departments, Group accident research in Wolfsburg and Audi Accident Research Unit (AARU). Alignment about standards and extend of data
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (e.g. privacy,..) of used data
- Scouting of new technologies for accident data analysis in China
1. Accident analysis and reconstruction with appropriate data analysis tools (e.g. software PC-CRASH)
2. Provide elaborated accident data for simulation tools to related entities of development departments (Dedicated to specific requirements for automated driving system and functions)
3. Ensure data quality. Alignment with relevant internal partner about standards
4. Maintenance and improvement of accident database (video cases).
5.Expand network of data provider
6. Presenting results at internal meetings (e.g. Future Mobility Day, IVET,…)
7.Supporting organization of Chinese Accident Day
Qualification and skills
- Majored in Automotive or Mechanism or Road traffic engineering,
- Traffic accident investigation and reconstruction background preferred
- Teamwork skills, problem solving and creativity
- Experience in project management
- Basic knowledge on database, such as SQL, MS access
- Necessary: Familiar with accident reconstruction method and mechanism, experience with accident reconstruction software PC-CRASH is preferred
- Languages: fluent in English (must), Chinese, German appreciated