Calibration Engineer _ Transmission
Entry Level Position
Objective of job
• China is the world's fastest growing market for our Mercedes-Benz passenger cars. Besides imported vehicles, the Chinese market is supplied with locally produced cars that are manufactured in the Beijing engine and vehicle plants. To meet market demands, the Beijing production and the Chinese RD area constantly expanded.
• The RD C/PT department (power train development and testing China) is part of the RD China division. RD China is organizationally associated with Daimler greater China (DGRC) and therefore a 100% Daimler subsidiary.
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineer or similar education
- Working experience in the areas of gasoline engine combustion, emissions and drivability calibration.
- Experience in applying calibration equipment such as ETAS INCA and Diagmera, as well as experience with standard measurement equipment
• Specific Knowledge
- You have well-structured working habits and you enjoy facilitating changes
- You have an self-motivated and innovative workstyle and you strive for constant improvement of your work efficiency
- You like to pass on knowledge and enjoy working in a team
- You enjoy driving vehicles and you have the willingness to travel
- You enjoy working in an intercultural environment, in a team of highly motivated engineers
- You possess good English skills, both oral and in writing
- You show above-average commitment and have a high degree of responsibility
- Local expert with the focus on transmission calibration and HW support the Daimler Automatic transmissions (DCT & AT).
- Transmission Task Force for any field issues on the Chinese market.
- Calibration and release responsibility of specific vehicle drivability functions.
- Vehicle and drivability evaluation according Daimler development standards
- Result evaluation and presentation to the team as well as the Daimler management.
- Independent organization of daily task and proper documentation of work progress utilizing the Daimler calibration tools
- Support of test trips in China and worldwide to calibrate and evaluate the vehicle drivability under multiple climate conditions.
- Local and worldwide travel