Calibration Engineer _ Base Engine
Entry Level Position
Objective of job
• China is the world's fastest growing market for our Mercedes-Benz passenger cars. Besides imported vehicles, the Chinese market is supplied with locally produced cars that are manufactured in the Beijing engine and vehicle plants. To meet market demands, the Beijing production and the Chinese RD area constantly expanded.
• The RD C/PT department (power train development and testing China) is one of 5 departments of the RD China division. RD China is organizationally associated with Daimler greater China (DGRC) and therefore a 100% Daimler subsidiary.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in mechanical engineer or similar education
- Working experience in the areas of gasoline engine combustion, emissions and drivability calibration.
- Experience in applying calibration equipment such as ETAS INCA and Diagmera, as well as experience with standard measurement equipment
• Specific Knowledge
- You have well-structured working habits and you enjoy facilitating changes
- You have a self-motivated and innovative workstyle and you strive for constant improvement of your work efficiency
- You like to pass on knowledge and enjoy working in a team
- You enjoy driving vehicles and you have the willingness to travel
- You enjoy working in an intercultural environment, in a team of highly motivated engineers
- You possess good English skills, both oral and in writing
- You show above-average commitment and have a high degree of responsibility
• Local expert with the focus on engine combustion and vehicle drivability calibration, to support the M270 LCM project and the drivability development of an M264 powertrain variant
• Calibration and release responsibility of specific base engine and vehicle functions
• Base engine calibration on test cell and in vehicle according Daimler development standards
• Assessment of internal combustion and thermodynamic data for basic combustion development.
• Result evaluation and presentation to the team as well as the Daimler management.
• Independent organization of daily task and proper documentation of work progress utilizing the Daimler calibration tools
• Support of test trips in China and worldwide to calibrate and evaluate engine related vehicle functions under multiple climate conditions.
• Local and worldwide travel