Business Development - Strategy
Position: Business Development - Strategy
Division/Department: Skoda China / ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab China
Main goals and objectives:
The mission of this position is
- to support the digital transformation of the brand ŠKODA in China towards development of new digital business & mobility services with focus on business development.
- To support the objectives, the position's main scope and tasks are to develop new ideas and trends into business models for key future technologies. This includes the development of strategy and approach towards new partner and
evaluation of market research to support the feasibility check of new (digital) business models.
- Responsible for assessment of potential partners from commercial/business development point of view (e.g. innovation, team, previous venture). Screen potential partnerships and cooperation opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials, evaluating options and resolving internal priorities
- Creating partnership strategies and responsible for the acquisition of new partners in the field of new digital business & mobility services. Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters to external business partners in the ideation phase of the project.
- Support cross-functional project teams for business model set up and develop business case (e.g. providing marketing figure, revenue streams, use case).
- Responsible of business plan development for potential new digital business & mobility services projects with support of Finance.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations. Examining risks and potentials and estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and projects (e.g. big data base projects / business opportunities) for the brand SKODA. Coordinate and reach alignment with involved stakeholders.
- Define customer segment and market needs and opportunities to develop innovation ideas and trends into new business models.
- Support the development of project roadmaps and align with prioritized, substantially relevant and highly sensitive business issues and sequences them by priority and resources available.
- Develop, establish and extend professional internal and external network and relations to and with partners related to the field of new digital business & mobility services.
- Coordinate and steer all business development related topics and initiatives for VCIC ŠKODA China and align/exchange with all relevant stakeholders at ŠKODA Auto, VCIC and SVW.
- Leveraging of synergies within group departments and other brands (e.g. in terms of partnership strategies and business case calculation).
- Evaluate all kind of technological trends, customer requirements, potential disruptions/disruptors identified by the Trend Scouts within new (digital) businesses and derive potential business opportunities and include them into VCIC ŠKODA China’s new business pipeline.
- Improve the brand's position and added value from new digital business & mobility services which leads to new revenue streams.
- Support ŠKODA branding activities and ensure consideration in all digital and mobility services initiatives.
- Support VW Group transformation from an automotive OEM to a leading mobility provider.
- University degree with major in Business Development, Marketing or similar
- Strategic, visionary, entrepreneurial thinking, combined with operational understanding
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial spirit with a sense for innovation and passion for trends
- Pro-active, innovative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact well with all levels of people
- Excellent, persuasive English communication skills
Working experience (in years):
- Up to 10 years of professional experience in mobility and strategy related fields - such as new business development / strategy, innovation management
- Broad and profound understanding of the cross-functional business and its interdependencies in order to connect-the-dots and develop cross-functionally balanced business strategies
- Experience of corporate and startup environment (sales, marketing or product development)
- Industry background from an automotive OEM or leading strategy / management consultancy, think-tank or mobility start-up
Remarks (Language, IT Knowledge, Certificates etc.):
- Excellent English and mandarin language skills , both oral and written
- Office software skills ( word, excel, PowerPoint )
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- Performance oriented competitive compensation & benefits package
- Professional career development & qualification
- Good management, team work, open communication & feedback
- International working environment & global network
- Attractive work, health programs & work-life balance
No. of Applicants