Backend Integration (Cloud Development)
Objective of job
• Digitalization is changing the automotive industry extensively and brings with it huge business opportunities. As a premium manufacturer, Daimler is leading in this promising field as well. Located in Beijing our engineering team in China is responsible for developing Mercedes-Benz telematics services for the Chinese customer. We are deploying telematics features together with competitive local service providers and for this reason, we need to design, develop and maintain a local cloud architecture.
- Master degree in business informatics, industrial engineering, or similar course of studies
- 5+ years of software design and development with object-oriented languages like Java, C++
- Fluent English and Chinese is mandatory; German language knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in SOA, especially RESTful Web Services design and development.
- Experience with multilayer enterprise application.
- Knowledge of distributed cache and clustering system.
- Experience with cloud services (ideally Microsoft Azure, AWS).
- Working knowledge on a variety of platforms including Linux/UNIX and Windows
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience in SQL and Relational Database, working knowledge in at least one major RDBMS vendor (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills
• Specific Knowledge
- Profound knowledge in computer science, IT, and connectivity
- Distinct analytical, strategic, and conventional intellectual capacity
- Excellent communication power
- Willingness to travel inside China and abroad
- Open personality
- Strong team player, self-motivated and perform well under pressure
• Cloud development
- Design and build cloud architecture
- Enable customer technology platform integration
- Apply new and intelligent design patterns for scaling large data set calculations
- Support and troubleshoot software systems, optimize performance, resolve problems, provide follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Develop software documentation
- Complete comprehensive unit testing on all developed/enhanced software
- Tracks and monitors data necessary to ensure compliance to negotiated contracts on an ongoing basis and provides ad hoc reporting as required by enterprise systems