Backend Integration (App developer)
Objective of job
• Digitalization is changing the automotive industry extensively and brings with it huge business opportunities. As a premium manufacturer, Daimler is leading in this promising field as well. One of the foundational means of bringing digitalization to the core of the company is the setup of Digital Hubs in globally strong digital environments like Beijing.
The candidate will take over the role of the Assistant Manager of the App Developer for the Digital Hub China.
This person will design, develop and make apps for services inside and around the car.
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated
- Certified application developer is a plus
Fluent English and Chinese is mandatory; German language knowledge is an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in mobile development for iOS and Android
Longer stay in Germany or abroad (Business or education)
• Specific Knowledge
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE), etc.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Sense for design and user experience
- Enjoy working in a cross-functional, agile team
• App Design
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients
- Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform
- Breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
• App Development
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- conducting user-acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production
- reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
- evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness;
- adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary
- writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.