Automated Driving - Simulation Development
Position: Automated Driving - Simulation Development
Division/Department: Technical Development Group R&D China/ADAS&AD Development
Location: Beijing / Shanghai
Group R&D China - Premium Brands - Offering future Driving pleasure to customers
The Volkswagen group will be the future leading provider of sustainable, premium and convenient mobility. In our brands we develop automated driving solutions as well as mobility solutions.
The Chinese market plays a key role in the success of the Volkswagen Group. Our products will contribute to less traffic jams, less pollution, and fewer traffic accidents in China.
We are expanding our team for “Automated Driving/Intelligent Connected Vehicles” development in Beijing and start to establish an additional hub in Shanghai. In collaboration with a Chinese technology company we enhance the customer experience and offer tomorrows products to Chinese customers as soon as possible. Our technical teams work closely together with our experts at headquarters and other autonomous driving experts across the globe. Together with you, our experts, and technology partners we create the future of automated driving.
Main goals and objectives:
The core mission of this position is to define and specify technical userstories for simulation and virtual validation in the field of Automated Driving.
These simulation and virtual validation will be used for the development of ADAS/AD for premium brand products (Audi) in the Chinese market.
The position will monitor and ensure the agile implementation of simulation and virtual validation on stakeholder and IT level. The position will be involved in specifying, implementation, testing, integration, validation and finally releasing those simulation and virtual validation to the in-house stakeholders. The contribution of this position will be vital to deliver a robust system and performant function to the customer. The exchange with relevant stakeholders in both China region and headquarters will be an essential part of this position’s work.
Every Simulation developer will also take part in agile/SCRUM team to contribute with individual work packages in both China region and partners around the world.
Your Responsibilities include:
The position is responsible for the described scope and tasks within the ADAS/AD/ICV Development department of Volkswagen Group China.
- Simulation: specify userstories, implementation, testing and release of Automated Driving/Parking (AD.AP) Simulation and virtual validations designed for the Chinese market
- Define IT requirements, steering of IT implementation
- Align agile with relevant stakeholders on technical level for realization and derive implications for complete IT systems
- Monitor and steer the implementation of Simulation and virtual validation for AD.AP development together with our Chinese technology partner
- Work in the agile SCRUM Development Team together with IT
- Conduct reviews with relevant stakeholders.
- Engage with software and hardware engineers of the autonomous driving / parking /guard project team and external partners / suppliers
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of sensor set (ultrasonic, camera, radar, LiDAR), electronic modules (ECUs), vehicle communication architectures, software components for automated driving
- Basic knowledge of automotive development processes and systems engineering
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems architecture
- Good knowledge in Agile, Scrum development of Methods and Tools
- Knowledge of ISO26262, ASPICE preferred
- Structured working style, advanced time management and strong analytical skills
- Strong abilities in independent, self-organized work, and cross-functional/-entity collaboration
- Strong confidence and reliability
Working experience (in years):
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in ADAS, AD simulation and virtual validation (e. g. open loop, closed loop, design scenarios, )
- Experience in agile, scrum based tools development
- Knowledge of vehicle Electric/Electronics and ECU development/validation
- Software development C/C++, C#, Java
- Proficient knowledge of simulation tools ADTF, VTD, Matlab/Simulink
- Project management: Experience in steering and technical negotiation
Remarks (Language, IT Knowledge, Certificates etc.):
- English fluent
- Chinese recommended
- German beneficial
- Driving license
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- International working environment & global network
- Professional career development & qualification
No. of Applicants