Automated Driving - Function Development
Position: Automated Driving - Function Development
Division/Department: Technical Development Group R&D China/ADAS&AD Development
Location: Beijing / Shanghai
Group R&D China - Premium Brands - Offering future Driving pleasure to customers
The Volkswagen group will be the future leading provider of sustainable, premium and convenient mobility. In our brands we develop automated driving solutions as well as mobility solutions.
The Chinese market plays a key role in the success of the Volkswagen Group. Our products will contribute to less traffic jams, less pollution, and fewer traffic accidents in China.
We are expanding our team for “Automated Driving/Intelligent Connected Vehicles” development in Beijing and start to establish an additional hub in Shanghai. In collaboration with a Chinese technology company we enhance the customer experience and offer tomorrows products to Chinese customers as soon as possible. Our technical teams work closely together with our experts at headquarters and other autonomous driving experts across the globe. Together with you, our experts, and technology partners we create the future of automated driving.
Main goals and objectives:
The core mission of this position is to define and specify technical requirements for Driving, Parking and Guard functions in the field of Automated Driving.
These functions will be designed for premium brand products (Audi) in the Chinese market.
The position will monitor and ensure the implementation of specified requirements on function level. The position will be involved in designing, steering and finally releasing those functions to the customer. The contribution of this position will be vital to deliver a robust system and performant function to the customer. The exchange with relevant stakeholders in both China region and headquarters will be an essential part of this position’s work. The position will be involved in the supplier selections for components for HAD systems.
Your Responsibilities include:
The position is responsible for the described scope and tasks within the ADAS/AD/ICV Development department of Volkswagen Group China.
- Functions: requirements of Automated Driving/Parking (AD.AP) functions designed for the Chinese market
- Define technical requirements for subsystem solutions and create functional architectures, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration for future automotive systems/platforms
- Align with relevant stakeholders on AD.AP customer function and derive implications for complete system
- Monitor and steer the implementation of technical requirements for AD.AP systems together with our Chinese technology partner
- Cascade targets and performance requirements to supplier/s and partner/s,
and work to integrate them in vehicle systems
- Conduct system design reviews with relevant components and sub-components
- Engage with software and hardware engineers of the autonomous driving / parking project team and external partners / suppliers
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Good knowledge of sensor set (ultrasonic, camera, radar, LiDAR), electronic modules (ECUs), vehicle communication architectures, software components for automated driving
- Good knowledge of automotive design processes and systems engineering
- Good knowledge of vehicle systems architecture
- Knowledge of ISO26262, ASPICE preferred
- Structured working style, advanced time management and strong analytical skills
- Strong abilities in independent, self-organized work, and cross-functional/-entity collaboration
- Strong confidence and reliability
Working experience (in years):
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in development of Driver Assistance / Automated Driving Functions
(e. g. E/E architecture, sensor technology, data fusion, path planning, controls)
- Experience in requirements engineering and process
- Knowledge of vehicle Electric/Electronics and ECU development/validation
- Software development C/C++
- Project management: Experience in steering and technical negotiation
Remarks (Language, IT Knowledge, Certificates etc.):
- English fluent
- Chinese recommended
- German beneficial
- Driving license
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- International working environment & global network
- Professional career development & qualification
No. of Applicants