Assistant Manager R&D Powertrain Testing
At the BMW Group, everything starts with passion. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work unite that we can shape the future together.
This team is responsible for all development of BMW engines produced in China. One half is located in Shenyang, managing all local testing and the plant support. The main responsibility for this position is the parts inspection and analysis, including photo-documentation and reporting. Additionally you will take responsibility for data analysis to combine testing results and customer’s vehicle usage.
What awaits you?
- In this role, you will be responsible for powertrain parts inspection and lifetime prediction in China within the product development process of engine projects.
- You will steer engine disassembly, inspect and analyse components, do photo-documentation.
- You will need to prepare reports and documents and follow up all issues, in close contact as well with BMW development specialists in China and in Munich, as with suppliers.
- You will perform regular tests of the electric vehicle systems, resulting in error reports and feedback for the developer. Confirmation of bugfixes and feature improvements.
- You will be responsible for adopting a data-driven system for parts lifetime prediction with focus to Chinese customer und market focus. Steer the project, analyse data, programming tools, together with specialists in Munich.
Qualifications and experience.
- University Degree (Master or above) in Mechanical Engineer of similar.
- Deep knowledge of engine parts and quality .
- Good knowledge of data analyses .
- Excellent language skills in Chinese and English (written and oral); German language skills are highly appreciated.
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab, Phyton or similar
- High flexibility to work on multi task assignments & fast learning .
- International orientation with ability to work in an cultural diverse environment.
You enjoy working in an international team? Apply now!
No. of Applicants