Assistant Manager Cost Engineering
For a concept to fly, you need a team with its feet planted firmly on the ground. Specialists who can steer highly complex systems precisely while also ensuring that everyone involved works together smoothly. This is the basis for achieving excellence.
Support BMW worldwide purchase nomination process by achieving cost transparency and cost-competitiveness.
Contribute to targets of BMW worldwide cost engineering.
What awaits you?
- You will reponsible for analysis and knowledge building of local supplier, factor (labour, material, interests, space, …), raw material and tooling costs.
- You will support QAF-Trainings for suppliers (Quotation analysis form training).
- You will analyse local supply markets / Tier-1 & Tier-n suppliers, concern processes and available technologies.
- You will be responsible for creation of a calculation based on our best practice approach.
- You will evaluate and negotiate piece prices within our BMW worldwide purchase network.
- Creation of result presentations for dedicated circles.
- Know-How Management and support supplier with quotations - QAF, TAF, LAF Training.
- You will be responsible for cost investigation of new technology or new product. Knowledge management (TPC) for investigation results.
- Actively questioning our requirements and pointing out alternative approaches.
- You will support of local buyers (MC-X, BBA-X) on global-, local sourcing and cost down projects).
Qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor and above degree / graduated in electrical / mechanical / automotive engineering or comparable educational background, economical background.
- Experience in cost engineering at global automotive suppliers, OEMs or in other Hi-Tech industry.
- Technical understanding of products, processes and tools.
- Knowledge of major automotive component production processes.
- Competence of attending supplier evaluations and cost screenings.
- Proficiency with negotiations, cost breakdown training for suppliers.
- High awareness of cost and quality.
- Business fluent Mandarin and English (German is an advantage).
No. of Applicants