Applications and Technical Support Engineer/Lead (m/f/d)
This role presents a unique opportunity for a talented mid-senior level professional to help a fast-growing German high-tech company establishing a technical presence in China. We are looking for an individual who brings a strong technical background in photonics and/or advanced 3D micro fabrication to the table and equally enjoys supporting customers as well as taking part in technical marketing and sales activities.
You will be part of a team which conceptualizes, designs, develops and validates processes for 3D nano-printing of functional devices in the field of photonic integration. After completing your onboarding program you will help the team expand its global reach into China, closely working with customers to ensure successful adoption of our technology and machines. In addition, you will collaborate closely with our regional distribution partners to support them in conducting sales and marketing activities.
- Become proficient in the design and simulation of 3D-printed freeform waveguides and micro-optical elements, and in deploying them on [SS1] Vanguard Automation 3D lithography systems.
- Support customers in successfully developing, deploying and running their specific processes and in integrating the Vanguard Automation manufacturing solution into their workflow.
- Generate and provide training, technical exchanges and technical papers.
- Develop strong customer relations at a technical level to gain further insight into direction and needs of the customer.
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions on the Vanguard Automation platform to optimize customer results.
- Collaborate closely with the Vanguard Automation engineering teams on new product ideas and standard process improvements.
- Support the company’s growth efforts in China.
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Optics & Photonics, Electrical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Physics, or a comparable qualification
- Used to working independently within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in design, fabrication, und testing of integrated optical components, and/or the development of fabrication processes for photonic devices, ideally based on 3D lithography
- Strong communication skills ideally combined with experience in customer interaction
- Full professional proficiency in Mandarin and English language
- Self-motivated, highly proactive, strong curiosity, and desire to learn
- High sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of humility
- Constructive and pragmatic problem solving
- Ability to influence without direct authority
About Vanguard Automation GmbH
Vanguard Automation is headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the home of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and a fast-growing and vibrant economy. We offer automated assembly processes and machines for 3D nano-printing in photonic multi-chip integration and packaging. Our products and services cover the entire range from small-scale prototyping to scalable manufacturing solutions. Our internationally unique technology and IP portfolio combined with two decades of experience in industrial automation through our partner companies attract an inherently global customer base.
We practice constant respect for people and are committed to innovation and continuous improvement. At the core our team at Vanguard Automation comprises experts in photonics, material science, high-precision opto-mechanics, software development and automation engineering.
Our virtual company booth
Open: April 15, 09:00-16:00
Our company presentation
No. of Applicants