ADAS - Connected Driving & V2X
Position: ADAS - Connected Driving & V2X
Division/Department: CoE Development Automated Driving / ICV
Volkswagen Group China – We will offer tailor-made mobility for everyone.
Our vision is that Volkswagen becomes the globally leading provider of safe, sustainable and convenient Intelligent Connected Vehicles (ICVs).
Connected vehicles with V2X functions will play an important role in the future Chinese market.
With Chinese market plays a key role in the success of the Volkswagen Group and we want to contribute to less traffic jams, less pollution, and fewer traffic accidents in China with Volkswagen’s mobility solutions.
We are expanding our Autonomous Driving (AD)/Intelligent Connected Vehicle (ICV) team in Beijing to bring self-driving cars to Chinese streets as soon as possible. Our technical teams work closely together with our experts at headquarters in Wolfsburg and other autonomous driving teams across the globe. Together with you, our experts, and technology partners we create the future of mobility.
Main goals and objectives:
This position ensures the definition and development of market-specific Connected Driving & V2X Functions together with relevant partners. The core mission of this position is:
1. Plan and coordinate the development activities of Intelligent Connected Vehicle’s V2X functions
2. Develop technical requirements or technical specification for V2X functions and work out countermeasures to meet VW Group standards
3. Planning, coordination and documentation of testing, localization or sourcing activities
4. Responsible for approval/release recommendation of V2X functions and ensure communication and reporting of these properties to related stakeholders
5. Instruction and knowledge transfer and competence hand-over to colleagues
Your Responsibilities include:
The position is responsible for the described scope and tasks within the Chassis Development department of Volkswagen Group China.
- Concept technical requirements of V2X functions designed for the Chinese market and write the product requirement documents based on a previous derivation of function features
- Define technical requirements for subsystem solutions and create architectural designs, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing and future automotive systems/platforms
- Align with relevant stakeholders on V2X customer function features to be developed and derive implications of those functional features for complete system
- Monitor and steer the implementation of the specified V2X technical requirements
- Conduct system design reviews with relevant components and sub-components
- Responsible to elaborate and coordinate suitable testing plan for property fields
- Responsible to organize and ensure set-up of testing equipment or testing sites
- Monitor testing and localization process, analyze results and define countermeasures or adaptions to meet quality standards
- Engage with software and hardware engineers of the autonomous driving / parking project team and external partners / suppliers
- Implement prototypes or create proof of concept
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Automotive Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of at least one: V2X technology, vehicle sensor sets, electronic modules (ECUs), defining vehicle communication architectures
- Knowledge of TCSAE 53-2017, V2X stack, protocols and data structure preferred
- Knowledge of automotive design processes (PEP, Requirements Management process, etc.) and release stages preferred
- Good knowledge of vehicle system architecture preferred
- Structured working style, advanced time management, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong abilities in independent, self-organized work, and cross-functional/-entity collaboration.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to learn
Working experience (in years):
- +3 years (Bachelor) / +2 (Master) years of relevant work experience at an automotive OEM, related Tier 1 supplier or equivalent, preferable in the field of connectivity systems and electronic components
- +2 years of experience in requirement definition for connectivity components (ultrasonic, radar, laser), software components or electronic modules (ECUs)
- Proven experience in system requirements engineering for connectivity and/or V2X systems
- Experience in EE architecture topologies, interfaces, failure analysis etc.
- Experience in supplier management/steering and technical negotiation is preferred
Remarks (Language, IT Knowledge, Certificates etc.):
- English fluent
- Chinese fluent.
What we offer:
- Strong brands, excellent products and image
- Performance oriented competitive compensation & benefits package
- Professional career development & qualification
- Good management, team work, open communication & feedback
- International working environment & global network
- Attractive work, health programs & work-life balance
No. of Applicants